Sunday, April 19, 2009

State of Play on a Sunday Afternoon


This afternoon I had an important meeting at church.  It had been planned for a couple weeks so i knew I would need a movie when it ended. We saved  "State of Play" for that purpose, which could have been the name of the meeting as well.  I love to play games.  Trying to figure out did they say what I just heard or is there another meaning,  If it isn't what I thought, where is this train of thought going?  But enough about the meeting.  "State of Play" is designed like most good stories to give you facts and slowing add to it leading you either toward the solution or coming to a dead end so you will go "Boy, did I get that wrong!" Wait that might have been the meeting!  Anyway, You watch and you listen and then at the end, someone says something that blows your mind and you go, "Didn't see that coming!"  But two hours goes fast!  For a movie or a meeting.  

I enjoyed the movie and would recommend it for an engaging story.  ***stars
I enjoyed the meeting.  It also was an engaging story but no popcorn, no hot tamales. Thus **1/2 stars

#24

No comments: