Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brushes with fame

Last night on Fremont Street I walked up to an expresso stand not far from the stage where the Zac Brown Band was performing.  it was an expresso/gelato stand but they sold Diet Pepsi so I stood in line behind three guys ordering expresso.  they were pleasant enough and even said hi. While they were waiting one says, "When do we go on?"   7:45   I think, woo.  I go back to where Carol is and when the band takes the stage, I realize that the 3 in front of me was the drummer, the fiddler, and the key board player.   I thought they stayed back stage!

Today we went to the Fashion Show Mall across from the Wynn Hotel.  It is like Woodland Hills on steroids and has a live fashion show (runway and all) every hour featuring one of the 200 stores.  I found a great men's store (Harris and Frank) and made a purchase or so.  Carol and I were at the check out and the computer crashed so we waited a while.  In walks Darius Rucker (Hootie and The Blowfish) and he buys a jacket.  we are the only customers in the store.  We talked to him for about 20 minutes.  I told him that we saw him in Tulsa with Brad Paisley. He said that he had a great time and that he would return this summer with Rascal Flatts.  He is presenting tonight.  he said he would have performed, but couldn't make it from South  Carolina for rehearsal.  I asked if the group was doing anything and he said the gig in South Carolina was Hootie with the South Carolina ballet for two nights!

It was cool!

No comments: