Thursday, April 23, 2009

Later that night


When we left the Hospital last night about 11:00 pm, we headed to Coweta to pick up my Mother's car and take it to Haskell.  This is a Maxima that I have handed down to about everyone in the Family.  It has 385,000 miles on the odometer and runs great.  In case you are wondering the transmission went out at 250,000 and the engine lasted until 325,000 miles.  I digress.
I drove it to Haskell and put it in the garage.  Then as if I were still a kid, I hit the garage door opener and ran out before the door closed.  Almost didn't make it!  So I am outside and get in the truck and drive away.  It is now Midnight.  Then I think, "Yikes, I left my phone on the Maxima's console!"  We drive around the block and I take Mother's house key  and realize that she has locked the storm doors from the inside.  All doors.  I think about easy ways to break in but nothing works.  I have tools but useless.  At 12:30 we are staring at the door and Carol says, "Why don't we get something very limber to slip in the storm door crack and trip the switch?"  All I had was a business card, but guess what?  It worked!  

We finally got home at 1 am.

  However, we did not go to bed until we watched a fast version of American Idol to see who was voted off!

1 comment:

Rob Crissinger said...

Mike, I'm sitting here in OKC with David White looking at your blog. I'm a big social media nerd, and I'm really impressed with this blog. Kudos. I'm also a big movie buff, so I look forward to reading your future posts.

Cheers.

Rob Crissinger (April's husband)