Tuesday, August 26, 2008

mike goes to the movies times 2

Last week I saw "Swing Vote" for the second time. This is the first movie of 2008 that I have seen twice. Its not that it was the only one that needed to be witnessed again, but I am glad I did. I picked up on several things that I missed the first time (it happens a lot with comedies).
Swing Vote is the Kevin Costner movie about how much our vote counts, and to what lengths the political machines will go to get it. There is much truth in the way the movie unfolds. I would like to say that the Costner's part is a stereotype, but alas it is not. The media, campaign advisers and the candidates are roasted in great fashion and fun.

With the Conventions this week and next, the timing is good for the thoughts and laughs presented. The movie reminded me of John McCain. I have been a big McCain fan for years and I liked his statements of belief even when it was not the popular thing in his party. It cost him in 2000, but it is sad to see him give in to the advisers to be "more electable". (the Kelsey Grammer role in the movie).

The movie is worth your time be ye Demo or Repub. I give it ***1/2.

Every vote is a Swing Vote!

No comments: