Thursday, August 14, 2008

mike goes to the movies & then to confession

Editor's Note: In a previous blog I stated that there should be a PG-50 rating on the new movies like the Seth Rogen & Will Ferrell movies that are full of crude profane dialogue, shocking scenes and sex dialogue. People over 50 do not find these movies funny. I still basically believe that but then tonight, I went to see TROPIC THUNDER!

Bless me Father for I have sinned. I went to an r-rated, crude, profane, shocking movie and had great fun!

Let me list the sins: It makes fun of Mental illness. It actually makes fun of movies about mental illness. It makes fun of war movies (i.e. Platoon, Deer Hunter, etc.). It makes fun of blacks ( actually the way blacks are portrayed in movies.) It makes fun of drugs and those that use it. It makes fun of gays. It makes fun of Brokeback Mountain. It makes fun of Hollywood at every level. It makes fun of great method actors like Deniro and Pacino. One of the actors is named Alpha Chino! It makes fun of actors of many sequels like Eddie Murphy and Stalone. It makes fun of movie actors adopting foreign children. It makes fun of Rap Singers. It makes fun of Movie trailers. It makes fun of Oscars. It makes fun of you and me. IT MAKES FUN!

It is offensive. It is profane. There is descriptive sex talk. (No one under 20 or over 61 should see this. You have been warned!) It will offend you in the same way as BORAT offended you. (That is of you admit seeing or renting BORAT.)

I can not honestly tell you that you should see it. We found it crazy good. If you see me in public and this movie is mentioned, I will not make eye contact with you.

This is a crazy story written and directed by Ben Stiller and stars Ben, Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black, Nick Noltie, Bill Hader, Matthew McConaughey, and the wildest acting job by Tom Cruise ever witnessed.

I can not defend this movie but a good time was had. The sound track is great classic rock.
After all I've said, there is NO nudity! But you will feel a little naked after it.

This is parody of the fashion of Borat and Something about Mary.

I will not give it a rating. I will just say for a movie loving, pop corn eating person, it made for a fun night. I was glad few people go to the movies on Thursday night, but I am glad I did.

How is that for an honest but evasive review?

Tropic Thunder? Is there a movie by that name?

Alpha Chino

No comments: