Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Future

I am leading a class tomorrow morning on the subject of Fads, Trends, & Principles. My guru on things present and future is David Zach (pronounced like sock). He is a futurist ( and not like anything that word makes you think). His web site is www.davidzach.com with links to his blog.
I was in a workshop that he gave last year and it was the best use of my brain time in many years. Here is the contents of a poster that I am sharing with the class:

Modern Times

Nothing can wait,
nothing can last,
nothing can satisfy.

No one can be happy,
no one can be judged,
no one can be trusted.

Nothing is hidden,
nothing is certain,
nothing is forbidden.

Everything is a need,
everything is a choice,
everything is possible.

Children take the messages from the world today and
will reflect them back in words, deeds and beliefs.
Children are the message we send to the future.
What have we been trying to say?

David Zach

No comments: