Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tim Russert

Ever since we had a bath room large enough and the money to but it, we have had a TV to watch while we get ready for the day. Weekdays we watch Today show and Sunday is always "Meet the Press". After 10 years of that show and reading 2 books by Tim Russert, I felt like I knew him much better than most other public figures. He became a trusted friend. I knew his family, his hobbies, his back stories, and his spiritual beliefs. He was the most consistent person that I ever observed. In the midst of a tense political interview, he could insert something about the "Buffalo Bills" ball team. He was an "everyman" that I could identify with. He never got the "Big Head" and he seemed to love all aspects of life. He was an Irish Catholic who was proud of his faith, his hometown, and his family. And by the way: He was a great interviewer. I pity who has to replace him. I have been very sad this weekend because of his passing.

We were never destined to meet, but he was a friend.

No comments: