Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things

* I am reading two books at once. Not something I normally do but I asked for books for my recent birthday, and got them. I am reading Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (recommended by David Hall) and The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. i am reading both at once because I need both. There are potential life changing elements to these stories (both true accounts). I will talk more about them as I digest.

** I got an email from a friend today. It was one of those mass mailings urging me to send it to every one i knew. The gist is that every horrible act against mankind the the recent past was caused by 19 to 40 year old Muslim men. These were documented. Then it stated that profiling Muslim men was important and we should stop screening 80 year old white women at airports because it is the Muslim men are do the crimes. It ended by stating that after all the Book of Revelations says that the antichrist will be a 40 year old Muslim.

I emailed my friend and asked where I could find that passage. He responded that he had not checked it out before he sent it! That reminds me of the book I just finished by David Balducci on the premise that a war could be started by spreading a fabricated story on the internet!
I thought the book to be bad fiction until this e-mail.

No comments: