Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Its what happens when...

The other night after Carol read my rant about politics, she said, "A little more and you come across as Bill Clinton's brother!" I re-read it and agreed. Politics is hard to talk about. What I did is close to the thing I don't like about today's media. When McClain or Obama or one of the Clintons make a statement, the media talks about it for a week. They tell their version of what was said and it sounds nothing like what I heard. Today you and I (or at least I) hear a topic introduced and if we are not careful, only listen to see if it meets our preconceived notion of things. The Media no longer reports, they create the news in their own image. That goes for the networks , CNN & Fox. So yes, I guess I was over the top. I do know that Bill C. had many faults and I do not know for certain that he has cleaned up his act. But in a way, that was the point! We talk about others as if they will never change and at the same time hope that our old old friends would be pleasantly surprised by how good WE turned out.

Sorry if I offended my Republican friends. By the way, I don't really have Democratic friends!
No one I know will admit it in public! a Road less traveled.

No comments: