Thursday, January 12, 2017

Showing Up 3

James Taylor says in The Secret of Life:  "The thing about time is that time isn't really real. It's all on your point of view. How does it feel for you?"

You and I say that we are so-o-o-o busy.  

I have a Christian brother who is a retired, emty-nest, no part time job guy who always says that he can't make meetings for his church family because he doesn't have time.

I hand out bulletins at our Church worship on Sunday.  I get there at 9:00am and worship begins at 9:30 am.  I have watched everyone's patterns (of current attenders). I quit passing out these programs at 9:45 am because about a third of our group gets there after 9:30!  The families that come late are consistently late at the same time each week.  They are NOT late! They attend when they want.
These include "leaders".

I went back and revisited Psalms 122 to verify that David did not say:

"Let us go up to the house of the LORD when we are good and damn ready!"

Psalms 121 "the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."


No comments: