Thursday, January 1, 2015

Reflections on 2014

The year started just ok.  I did not get a good reaction from my boss for my part in the firm. SO-O-O-O-O I resigned and started my own architectural firm. Made the decision in April and pulled the trigger in June. And I have been happy ever since.

In our church fellowship it has been a sad year and a transitional year. Of the five elders that I served with in the leadership at the end of 2013, only I remain.  The biggest loss was the death of Charlie Cook who was a mentor, ultimate shepherd, good friend of 40 years and great example of a christian businessman. The whole left by him is not replaceable by one man but maybe six. We are 'looking for them.  Our church group needs to reach the younger members better and in a more relevant manner. That is the work of this new year.

Our family is in good shape health wise and the grandkids continue to be a delight.  Our kids are excelling in their jobs and preparing for bigger things to come.  At Christmas we announced that the entire family will spend a week in Florida this year since the grand kids are a good age for Disney.

It was a great last six months all things considered, but the best is yet to come.

Favorite Big Concert:  The Eagles in Houston
Favorite Smaller Venue Concert: Alan Jackson at Hard Rock & John Fulbright in Muskogee
Favorite Movies were listed already, but best surprise was "Begin Again" because that's what I am doing.
Favorite Books: Fiction: Stephen King's "Mr. Mercedes" and "a Good Marriage"
Non-Fiction: Robert Fulghum's  "What On Earth Have I Done"
Favorite Sports Event: Taking the Grandsons to an OSU Football Game
Favorite Trip: IKEA trip for office furniture
New Music:  Rediscovering Bill Withers and Jerry Lee Lewis
TV: Completing "Breaking Bad" awesome; The end of "Newsroom"  and "Fargo" Bummer and the end of "Colbert Report" double bummer (Where will I get my news?)

No comments: