Thursday, January 8, 2015

It's strange to go "Into The Woods"


I was needing a movie, but I wanted a Good Movie.  "Into The Woods" was the highest rated movie in our area that we have not seen. I knew that it was based on a Broadway Musical and that should have been a warning flag. BUT look that the cast: Meryl Strep, Johnny Depp.. wow!

From the start I loved the way they too several Children's stories such as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and  Jack and the Beanstalk and wove them into a seamless tale.  This movie started great. In the Movie's defense it was listed just over two hours.  I give the first hour ***stars.  I can't rate the last half because after an hour and a half, we left.  I didn't care anymore and the songs became so forced. It is not "Frozen" and certainly not "Fiddler".  It seemed to be a way to introduce new gowns to sell little girls.

No Wait: While we were waiting to see this Disney movie about Cinderella, the previews were of a new coming Disney Movie about: Cinderella!  They also showed another preview "Tomorrowland" which just happens to be an area in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

2015 Movie #3

No comments: