Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mike has surfaced!

My Christmas present this year was to have been a new iPad Air 2 with 128 gig and 4g.  Funny thing happened along the way.

You see I like Apple products. I have a MacBook, an iPod classic, an iPod Nano, an iPad 2, and Apple TV.  I needed an iPad that is always connected to the internet for my Panhandle trips.  I had looked and visited my future iPad several times at the Apple Store.  Then I saw a commercial comparing the iPad Air with a  Surface from Microsoft.  It was a Microsoft add so it always won.  It had something that caught my eye though--a stylus that allows drawing, editing, etc.  I figured that it was like the Palm of old that also promised the same but did not deliver.


Then during Christmas Shopping at the Mall, I happened onto the Microsoft Store which has just opened across from Apple.  After playing for a while, I was hooked on the Surface.  It is a laptop with the same power as my MacBook AND a Tablet that I can sketch with and email.  


The Pro 3 did not come with 4G so I went to ATT and rearranged my business account and purchased a HOT SPOT. With that both the Surface and the iPad can send and receive anywhere. AND it handles 10 devices at a time with 15 meg speed. So family vacations take a new twist.

I am still learning but it has been great so far.

I have Surfaced!

No comments: