Monday, December 22, 2014

Judge not lest you- Wait! There goes another one!

While I am in a judgmental mood, I will share something that happens everyday.

My office is a storefront on one of the main downtown streets. I see people pass the window all day and park to visit nearby businesses.  My side of the block is shared with a furniture & appliance rental business, law offices and a major loan company (pay-day type loans, etc.)

All day long people park and go in and out of these businesses, Almost none are in good moods.  They are paying out the nose to get by, get out, or get through! No I don't know their stories and can't gain much knowledge in these 60 second shows, but if body language means anything, these people are not happy campers.

Like most things in life we tend to have to say, "Well, it made sense at the time."

"It made sense to rent to that flat screen TV. We keep paying on it weekly and we can own it." ($600 TV for $1,400.00)

"It made sense to borrow that thousand dollars to pay bills with, "(20% interest)

" I guess we will take bankruptcy since we owe $30,000 in credit cards."

60 second stories on their faces. 

I can read these stories because I have lived some of them!

I could say that these people look like people just returning from Jerry Springer, but that would be judging.

By the way my spot on Jerry Springer is coming up!  It just  seems to make sense at this time.

No comments: