Monday, December 22, 2014

Mike has a grouchy old man moment!

The grandsons spent the weekend with us. Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church, Avery (11) put on a grey t-shirt. We ask him the put on a long sleeve shirt but was informed that he did not bring one AND after all he had worn this shirt to his church. So what's the deal?

I spoke up with three good reasons:
 1. It's December 21, the first day of winter with the temperature about 38 degrees.
 2. Long sleeves are more appropriate for church AND the t-shirt looked sloppy and too casual.
 3. It's Christmas and everyone tends to dress up more for Church.

He reluctantly put his blue hoody on over the grey T-shirt.

We get to church, he is grumpy and then worship starts.

Our worship leader steps forward IN HIS GREY T-SHIRT AND JEANS and begins the service.
I look over at Avery and he is already out of the hoody. 

I will say in comparison that Avery's shirt did have a pocket and fit him much better than the Leader's shirt. (I am grasping now!)  In my defense, I looked around the room and no one else was wearing t-shirts.

Carol later assured me that I was over-reacting and being a grouchy old man. YIKES!

No comments: