Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Just wait till its your turn

I am reading another "Jack Reacher" book and in the story he describes meeting an "elderly" couple. The Husband is 60 and to hear the writer explain, he is feeble and refers to him as an old man and all.  Yikes!

I cleared 60 a while back and while I wouldn't want to play full court basketball any more, I don't see my self as "over the hill".  Crap, my Mother is almost 93 and she still drives, does yard work, etc.
When she goes over the hill, I still have 30 years!

I also work with young thirty-somethings that tell me that they wouldn't want to take such grueling drives that I do to the panhandle?

I have witnessed a few situations lately that clearly implies that some want younger eyes on certain situations. Younger eyes than mine.  Then they propose something that I did 20 years ago!

Us "Boomers" will not go quietly.

No comments: