Sunday, September 22, 2013

Taken "Prisoner"


When the preview for the movie, "Prisoners" started showing, my wife and I looked at each other and said, "NO!  Too Tense, Too Unseemly".   As time passed we started talking about the talented cast. Then we started hearing about how well directed it was and then people started saying there are academy award  performances here.

Today we went to see it!

We were all right.  Great Movie- Very Tense, Great performances, Great directing.  Very well told story.

Yes, you will be tense and uneasy for most of the movie, but at the end you will be glad you went.

Not for the young, because it involves acting not action.
Hugh Jackman and  Jake Gyllenhall will be nominated for awards but the entire cast was selected with care.  Carol and I talked about how the emotions shown by  the cast dealing with worrying about lost children was spot on.

I give it ****stars.

2013 Movie #40 (Yes I saw 38 and 39) no comment.



No comments: