Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Losing Memory



My office computer gave it up this week: it ran out of memory.  I had been not getting emails, and not being able to respond to others in the month of June. Then it just gave up.  First, I got the  "you are low on memory" and then it told me how low. It got busy and deleted almost my entire C drive, Google Earth, and other seldom used programs.  I took off about 500mb of memory when it told me I needed just 300mb to resume. I resumed, but the next morning it again told me that I had 0 mb!

I finally got another computer and spent about 5 hours  setting it up for my use.

I learned several things this time though that I must take note.

1. In this busy world if someone sends you something and you don't or can't receive it. IT IS YOUR FAULT.

2. If the government says they want something from you "by the 5th", it means before the 5th.


When someone asks me for a reason, I'm just going to answer: "I ran out of memory!"






No comments: