Friday, August 23, 2013

BARK

The hotel I am staying in is a favorite of mine. I usually get the same room on the first floor.  Last night after I climbed into bed with the TV off, I heard barking.  To get to the point: A dog in the next room was barking constantly and did so from 11:00 pm until after Midnight.  A little after 11 I called the front desk to complain.  The night clerk said she would contact the next room.  15 minutes later I called again.  She said: "I knocked on the door and called the room, but no one answers.  I replied, "Are you going to do anything?"  I was thinking that the roomies next door were either gone or dead.

Getting no results, I dressed and went out to the hall where the clerk was standing. She unlocked the door and an old tan dachshund ran out into and down the hall.  The clerk asked, "What should I do with it?"  I suggested, "Put it in the swimming pool room. Its not being used."  She replied,  "Won't it drown?"   I said, "It doesn't want to swim, it wants to use the bathroom!"

The dog problem went away.

No comments: