Friday, March 15, 2013

The Partner

The Bible says, "Vengeance is mine says the LORD."

I shouldn't but I like revenge stories. Knowing I am not to seek vengeance, I read about others.

John Grisham's new novel, The Partner, lets us watch a master at revenge.

We have a law partner who is the youngest in a firm with five managing partners.  They have the chance to gain a large sum in a settlement and plot to remove him from the firm before it arrives.  His wife has been unfaithful since marriage.  He hates his life.  So-o-o-o he changes everything!

That's all you need to know until you read it.  Grisham weaves a yarn that makes you hang on for the ride.

If it were a movie, I would give it ****stars.

FYI:  If you listen to books like I do, Frank Muller, the master, reads this one.  He has been absent for several years after recovering from severe medical issues.

No comments: