Friday, March 15, 2013

Smoke Signals


It still amazes me that the Catholic custom of picking a Pope, Amazes the world.  Everybody waits for the white smoke(including me) wondering who will be picked as if our very life was about to change. I am reminded again that there is a bond in Christianity that crosses many lines in the sand.

We, non-Catholics, say it doesn't matter, but we talk about it.

I was interested today when the story came out about the Francis getting his luggage.  The day before he was visiting Rome and staying in a Hotel. Suddenly, he was home.  But instead of riding in the Pope-mobile, he simply drove to the hotel, picked up is bags, paid the bill and came back.  He maybe a different sort.

I have also heard that he wants the "Big Chair" setting on the floor and not elevated.

You see: I have a theory.  In my life I have watched the Church of Christ become more and more like the Catholics and watched the catholics head toward us.  We all through out too much of the Bible along the way and we are slowly recovering.  

Smoke Signals seem like an old relic of times gone by, but so does civility, trust, and grace.

No comments: