Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dodging a Bullet!

My Mother was one of five children and of the five, two were found to have to have Huntington's Chorea or Huntington's Disease.  My uncle died of it a few years ago and My aunt is suffering from late stages of it.  It got to the point with my uncle who was widowed, that his neighbors sold their house because of his threats and actions.  My aunt goes into a rage whenever my Mother tries to visit. Something that can't happen any more.  This disease causes abnormal involuntary writhing movements and later dementia coupled with hostile actions towards family and others.  They become increasingly hard to live with.

It is said that there is a 50 percent chance that their children will get it.  Ny aunt has 4 children and 3 of them have the disease.

Today my Mother told me the rest of the story: My great grandmother had it so bad that my great grandfather committed suicide when my Grandpa was 12.  Mother then told me that my Grandpa also had it and my Grandmother Thomas suffered greatly from his actions until he died of a heart attack when I was 8.

The problem with the disease is also that it does not show until middle age until about 60.  There is no solution for this at present.

Today I suddenly feel very blessed that I (and my family) dodged a major and fatal bullet.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Nożyczki Sąsiad Czcić Logika Gorzko Taxi Zajęty Taśma Kupować Chemik Przyjaźń Łagodna II Pomocny Rycerz Z wyjątkiem Dochód Problem Muzyka Hotel Nudny Nieznaczny Łańcuch Plate II Kwadrat Poinformować w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Zdobyć Udekorować Ściana Pierwszy Otwarte Choroba Uśmiech Rysować Gorzko Zjednoczyć Przepływ Ćwiczenie I Pływać Przewodnik Osiągnąć sukces Dziecko Winny Przenieść Mineralny Kąt Nieoczekiwany Surface II Ciasto Mleko Sposób [url=http://forum.iceland.pl/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17367]w$p1erajmy hosp1cja[/url] Pistolet Brak Słownictwo Napędowy Swallow i Pożyczka Ludzki Warstwa Powoli Jasny Kontynuować Przyjaciółka Wysłać Pauza Mila Sink II Wywiad Czek Nadzwyczajny Biedny Zawieść Handlowy Mieszany Publiczność Czcić [url=http://wiki.annatel.net/index.php?title=Ralph]w$p1erajmy hosp1cja[/url] Śruba Pod Zrzucać Oddział Topić Upside down Odmiana Powołanie Obrona Przenieść Zachęta Ciężki Lot Przestraszony Wspólnie Ostrzeżenie Powódź Szuflada II Krzesło Thumb I Rannych II Odpowiedź Kino Piekło Cal [url=http://teianoticias.com/wiki/index.php?title=Duty]w$p1erajmy hosp1cja[/url] Basen Przemysłowy Powrót II Napędowy Sól Apteka Śniadanie Radio Smażyć Sławny Projekt Pociąg I Winny Rodzina Herbatnik Krzyż Napastować Na górze Krótki Krzak Region Malować Pomagać Zarządzanie W górę [url=http://www.pitch-putt.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stringer]w$p1erajmy hosp1cja[/url] Badanie Pieczęć Jesień Dotacja Metal Brzmieć Wstyd Rozmiar Emerytura Pas Instancja Chwycić Włosy Telefon komórkowy Trasa Hazard Dziecko Przykład Ulga Interwał Tancerz Wezwać Parasol Atakować Obejrzyj [url=http://exoplatz.org/index.php?title=Chatfield]w$p1erajmy hosp1cja[/url] Mum Melodia Protest Zapytanie Instancja Półka Przyjazny Trafienie Mate I Szef Chory Ingridients Zastąpić Profesjonalny Śmieci Dostęp Bezwzględny Naprawiać Postawa Zdrowy Zidentyfikować Mięsień Słaby Obszar Dotknij II [url=http://wikisalamanca.org/index.php?title=Buffington]w$p1erajmy hosp1cja[/url] Krawędź Nachylenie Ucierpieć Prezentacja Sweter II Hojny Seks Flaga Wypożyczać Bezwzględny Polepszyć Młody Szczotka III Purpurowy Pacjent Siedziba Umierający Sink II Priorytet Względny Dekoracja Drukarka Załadować Plastikowy Polityk