Monday, July 25, 2011

The little things are the big things!


Saturday the garage door broke! The torsion coil spring broke, that is, and the door would not raise. That created two problems. 1. One of our cars was still in the garage. 2. The lawn tractor was trapped and so I could not mow the yard in the 105 degree heat. Darn the luck.

We didn't need the car until Tuesday and the longer I wait the more the lawn is burning with no need for the tractor. BUT my mind started thinking about my luck. What if? What if this is a door that is no longer made and the coil spring is different? I quickly checked online and saw that a new door starts at $1,200.00 not including installation. What if they have to order the part? WE would be all messed up with one car on Tuesday. Tuesday is the tipping point.

Suddenly, my mind could not rest, because we must wait until today to get service! A little thing was becoming a BIG thing.

Monday came and it became little again. It cost us about $175.00. But we have a garage door. This is a GREAT invention and an important one. The things we take for granted call out to us on occasion!

No comments: