Friday, July 8, 2011

Horrible Bosses-A moral dilemma




I was confronted with a moral dilemma: Since I first saw the preview for the movie, "Horrible Bosses", I knew that I would like this movie. 1. I liked the subject. 2. Three of my favorite actors, Jason Bateman, Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey were in it. 3. It looked very funny. The dilemma was that I said to myself, "This is going to be a brutally profane movie" and embarrassing as well.

But I just finished a brutal week on the road and I needed escape. I instituted the 50 Mile Rule so that no one I know would be setting in the same theater.

The movie began and to be honest the profanity and sex reference talk was severe for the first 15 minutes. I have walked of movies like this before. I do believe that I am getting lax since I stayed this time, because their was very good acting present. If you can get through the opening set up scenes that are designed to convince you that these are HORRIBLE BOSSES, then the comedy takes over. The movie kept getting funnier as it progressed. It is a HOOT the watch Colin Farrell (with comb-over) being a sleese ball, Kevin Spacey being an evil boss that he did so well in "Swimming With Sharks" and other movies, and Jennifer Aniston saying things that would shock a Marine. The three guys who play the employees, Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day, are great together.

It is not a movie to see with family and friends. The fewer people you know the better. Note: The dialogue is like a Chris Rock stand-up act,

There is no scenes that you can say, "I've scene it before." You have not.

For easily offended people I say, "See Larry Crowne." You you can make it through the opening
it is *** star.

2011 Movie #34


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get over yourself!