Sunday, July 3, 2011

All This and CARS 2 or It Just doesn't Mater!



We took the grandsons to see "Car2" today. I liked the first "Cars" movie. It had class; it relived Route 66; it gave some nods to NASCAR and its beginnings and it had Paul Newman. This new edition is not about the lead character, Lightning McQueen but is about MATER (Larry the Cable Guy). It is not often that a movie about secret agents, Grand Prix, and Travel in Europe would star a Red Neck, but it's Disney.

The kids liked it, but for me it was a bad animated story that would have stared Jerry Lewis as the lovable screw-up about 40 years ago. I could say more but less is adequate.

I liked the "Cars" concept but I am fearful of "Cars3".

I give it **stars and that is a stretch. Kids seem to like it though.

2011 Movie # 31

No comments: