Sunday, August 8, 2010

An Open Letter to my Church Blog Family

The title sounds a little formal because, before this weekend, I have known that less than 10 members of my church read this blog and hardly anyone knows it exists. I have Google Analytics attached to the blog and can see who in what city visits the blog and what page they read. But never mind that, two events happened today that require immediate changes on my part.

First Item: I have come to understand that church members don't read my blog as something on Mike's mind but that is an Elder speaking. Duh! I should have considered that! Also I have mentioned events that have happened where people (although not named) had reason to be offended that I write about them without first talking to them. Let me say that I apologize to all of my Christian Friends that were offended by my comments and that words were printed that have cast a bad light on the church that I attend. I repent of this and will not do it again. Any that read the stories and were offended by my words should contact me so that I can personally apologize. I met with two friends tonight and will meet with any others as required.

Second Item and loosely connected to Item 1: It seems that a certain person is this week notifying others in the church to read my transgressions so that I can be stopped. If members of my church body want me removed, it is very simple tell the elders that I should resign and I will. A witch hunt is not necessary. My disappointment is that some of you share my bad judgement concerning your talking behind my back. You know who you are.

Mike's New blog rules concerning the church I attend:

1. I will not blog about incidents at my church that bother me. If I am bothered you will not have to go to the blog. It will be communicated in other ways.

2. I will not blog about anyone in the church I attend, unless it is so positive that they would love it. I will not tell stories on the members of my church unless God would be praised and they exhalted.

3. If you do something that offends my sensibilities, I will come to you in person. A couple of you are due a visit.

4. To you that have just discovered my blog and discovered that I am a flawed person participating in the journey on a less traveled road, I thought it was obvious!

5 If other things on this blog bothers you about my thoughts, my movies, my music, my life. Read something else. If you want me to give up movies (because you don't go to them), or concerts (because the "Instrument" is used), or books ( because you heard that it may be controversial), come and talk to me.

6. If you are a mad Republican, I can't help you. I don't understand this crazy political world either, except to say that God told me that every thing is going to be alright. I believe that.

I write my blog about my beliefs. I will continue to write about Christianity. I will just not mention people I know. There is plenty to write about.

If you read just to analyze me and find my deep seated madness, go ahead. Better people than you have tried.

FYI: Currently about 500 people a month visit this blog. I average 32 countries and 35 states.
Less than 4 people a day from this metro area (M and FG) read this nonsense. Most hits are about movies and cartoons. Other than T-Town most USA visitors are outside Oklahoma. Texas and California are next to T-Town.

Again I am sorry for offending you and for showing a lack of leadership judgement. Check back to see if I keep my word.




3 comments:

Holly Rosser Miller said...

I am so sorry to hear that you've been thru turmoil this week over your blog.

As one of the 10 people around here who read your blog pretty regularly, I want you to know that I appreciate you. I like that no matter where I encounter you, you are the same guy. You are a great elder because you don't just play "Christian" on Sunday morning. Thanks for that. You and Carol are a blessing to our congregation.

Anonymous said...

What do you think about adding some more pics? No offence, text is really nice. But as I know visitors acquire info much more efficient if there are some useful images.

Lenny Mainfield
phone signal blocker

Anonymous said...

This is not only celebrities who're utilizing their wedding day to mirror their taste and personality. Rather than simply conforming to the accepted type of the entire year, brides today have endless options on the subject of a [url=http://www.beautifulwd.com/]wedding dresses[/url]. Traditionalists look regal in cathedral trains, while more casual brides wear sleeveless, halter-style dresses and even two-piece, belly-button-baring gowns. And, for all those brides they like out of the way locales because setting to the ceremony, it's not unusual to see a themed [url=http://www.beautifulwd.com/2011-style-trumpet-mermaid-strapless-beading-sleeveless-floor-length-taffeta-prom-dress-goods-16445.html]prom dresses 2013[/url]?bridal gown, for example one who evokes the Victorian era or perhaps the Ancient.