Monday, September 22, 2014

My contacts and my friends

In the last four years I have moved offices twice, changed computer systems twice, and I have gone from notebooks with my contacts to Outlook contacts.  Each time a major change comes I go through my contacts and my pile of business cards.  Some names are "blasts form the past".  I haven't seen or talked to them in ages. Some are from past chapters in my life that will not com this way again.  There is sadness in some names, but the names and phone numbers that bother me the most are those still in my world.  I see people weekly that I once shared a friendship. Now it is acquaintance.  Some of it my fault and some theirs.  Sometimes I am asked (informally) to choose a side and when I don't, then I do. If you get my drift.  Many friends and fellow Christians have rules for closeness. If I drop the ball once, I am unworthy of their time. Or- if I differ on some political, quasi-political, or opinion I am blackballed.

Here is the hard part: While I am in denial at times, I am probably seen as doing the same!

None of have too many friends but we don't do a good job of keeping the ones we have.

No comments: