Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Zoe, Pavlov's Dog

Our dachshund, Zoe, is past 13 years old and because of that she has the problems that any of us have.  She is getting over bad allergies that have troubled her all summer. She has a benign growth under one leg on her chest and recently she developed eye problems. After a trip to our Vet, we were informed that she had an ulcer in her left eye!  He gave us eye drops and recommended an Optomelogist in Tulsa to check things out. We thought it would require surgery and was relieved to find that she had improved and could me treated with medicine.  This Medicine however was in the form of eye drops.  So all together we give Zoe, three different types of eye drops twice a day AND an ointment for the left eye as well.

I'll just say right now that this whole ordeal started out hard. She may be old but she can snap quickly and turn quickly as well.  It was a two person job.  We did wise up and started giving her a small treat each time. What I mean is every five minutes for twenty minutes!  

Now like Pavlov's dog we show her the treats and she stands on the counter with only one person and takes the drops!  Very Cool!


I could go for some treats myself.  I think I would mind better.

No comments: