Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ender's Game - The Movie



Today was my first good day at work in about two months. I did not want to celebrate by handing out candy so we went to see an advanced showing of "Ender's Game".  I never read the book, but when I saw the movie trailer, I thought: "This looks like a good sci-fy movie".  Well actually it is a great movie.  Excellent Story. Excellent cast including Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley.  Excellent special effects (what they were meant to do). AND a story with a lot of heart and care.

If you liked the original "Star Wars" you will like this. It has an original feel buy yet familiar idea. 
Asa Butterfield who plays Ender Wiggin is the most unusual hero yet. A boy who manages war like someone playing video games.

It is why I go to Movies.

I give it ****1/2 stars. 2013 movie 46  (I did see 1 and 1/2 movies 44 and 45 that I will not mention)


FYI: Should have seen it on IMAX!

1 comment:

Cian Beirdd said...

I liked it too, depth and an interesting story.