Thursday, November 21, 2013

This day

On this day in 1979 I changed once and for all. This was the day of our daughter's funeral after two previous mind numbing days of shock, grief, etc. etc.

I am not the person that I was on Sunday, November 18th, 1979. You don't know it but I do.  Things would have turned out completely different. Not necessarily better, just different.  When I went back to work I took a different role.  When I went back to Church, things changed too. I suddenly had someone in my family in Heaven!   Well things just changed.  Friends and business associates that were close to me before Heather died, stopped being close because of my reaction to their actions. (Long Story)

People say" "Time heals all wounds".   Those people just don't know what to say.  Time changes us but not our memories.

I don't know if I liked the me before 11-19-79 better than the now me, but all that happened did draw me closer to GOD than before.

No comments: