Friday, October 4, 2013

GRAVITY


When you think about space movies, you think about the absence of "Gravity". You know- There is another definition of the word, gravity: "a serious situation or problem". 

Not knowing which the director meant, I opt for the second.

I'll say up front: Gravity is one of the most tense, thrill rides that I have had in a while.  I thought "World War Z" was tense but hey?  For a movie with no evil bad guy or monster, no guns or weapons, no robot malfunction,  people you don't like or car chases, just a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time and 300 miles above earth.

There are really only two actors: Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.   But I guarantee you will hang on every one and visual.  It is a duck out of water (Sandra) and a veteran (George).

Yes, We saw it in 3D and IMAX the best venue for this movie.  IF YOU WAIT FOR NETFLIX, YOU WILL BE THE LOSER.  THIS NEEDS A LARGE THEATER THAT IS PITCH BLACK AND NO ONE ASKING: "DO YOU WANT SOMETHING FROM THE KITHEN?"

I Give it ****1/2 stars.  2013 movie #42

No comments: