Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Played Dodge Ball and a Concert Broke Out?

We went to the annual Jimmy Buffet concert in Frisco, Texas.  This year for the first time Jimmy had an opening act. None other than Rock'n Roll Hall of Famer, Jackson Brown ("Running on Empty, Doctor my Eyes").   As much as I looked forward to seeing him, the whole thing was a mistake.  The Parrotheads and their kids bring beach balls to toss around before Jimmy comes out.  Jackson Brown was largely ignored and the sound was not set to compensate for the commotion.  It was sad :(

To say the balls were flying is an understatement. In our section the balls were coming from all directions about one every minute.  When I grabbed one, I hit it into the next section.  It was not fun for me.  I wanted Jackson Browne.

Jimmy Buffet did make it worth while.  Singing songs from his upcoming CD and they were good. Of course, He did his classics,  Though radio still doesn't play his music, after 35 years he still sells 20,000 tickets a night.  

We did get there early enough to tour the tailgate party which is a cross between tailgating, Bourbon Street, and a 15 acre party.  The guy below is normal there.



I'll wait a couple of years before I return.

No comments: