Thursday, May 30, 2013

Paul


I grew up with the Beatles and Paul McCartney.  I can say that the Beatles and Beach Boys made the soundtrack of my high school and college days.  Wednesday night as part of our 45th wedding anniversary (Saturday), Carol and I went to the Paul McCartney "Out There" 2013 tour stop in Tulsa.

Paul sung 38 songs that spans his career a recordings from 1962 to now.  I basically grew up with Paul, who is three years my senior.

When he sung "All My Loving" and "And I Love her", it took me back to 1963, dragging Main in Haskell with Mike Nesser as we listened to WLS Chicago radio and talking about girls.

When he sung "8 Days a Week" it reminded me of watching there movie "HELP" at a Tahlequah Drive In with Carol, when she came for a visit at NSU.

When he did "Back in the USSR", it reminded me of our first Christmas in 1968 in Stillwater. We lived in an attic apartment (Ceiling 7 foo tall and sloping walls).  The rent was 59 dollars a month - Furnished.  We stretched a little and bought a small turn table, tuner and speakers in beautiful walnut for almost $100.00.  Then for Christmas Carol bought me The Beatles "White Album" which includes: "Back in the USSR,  Ob-Bla-De Ob-Bla- Da, Blackbird, and Helter Skelter". All sung last night.

When he played, "Get Back", I remembered our second garage apartment ($65 a month) on Husband Street.

I could go on but the point is Paul has been along for our 45 year ride.  The younger kids can try to tell me that Zepplin, U2, or Aerosmith were the greatest.   PL-E-E-E-ASE

For my generation: when the Beatles broke up we went to The Eagles.

Happy Anniversary, Carol, this has NOT been a dull ride.  If our life was a ride at Six Flags it would 6 loops and two free falls!

BTW  It was a great concert!

No comments: