Sunday, April 14, 2013

Watches in the 21st Century



I still wear a watch.  I have since high school and that's a long time ago. My first was a simple Timex and I closely moved up the food chain of watches.  A few years ago before "smart phones" I had a Sunto electronic watch that kept my "outlook" schedule, movie times and a few other things that "Apps" replaced. Now a wear a simpler watch a Wenger titanium time piece that has served me well.

BUT I like others keep questioning the sense of keeping a watch. We all have phones and the phones have clocks and the clocks are the "true time".  So why a watch?

My conclusion is based on social acceptance.

Before Cell Phones, if you were in a meeting  and looked at your wrist, you could catch the glare of someone who had decided that your were bored or at the least discourteous.  Today if you keep looking at your phone you will get the same stare.

BUT when I look at my wrist, no one has a clue that I am checking the time, because No one wears watches any more- right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read so many posts concerning the blogger lovers but
this article is really a fastidious paragraph, keep
it up.

My web page: Beautifull Butt