Thursday, October 11, 2012

Time - Then and Now

Today, I was told that my oldest client has decided to change architects.  I have been working for the school for 19 years.  Its long time superintendent  retired this year and the Board of Education (mostly new) wanted to change.  The reason they gave:  I had a good relationship with the former superintendent!  

Not much thought was given to the fact that I have most of the drawings, know where things are buried, etc.  BUT the entire staff that I worked with is gone.

I know that many out there have gone through the same if you have worked in any political job (Government, tribal government, church,  school, etc.)


I feared this day might come, but I wouldn't have think that I am despondent or anything:  "I don't want to work for anyone that fully wants me."  As Brother Dave once said: "Let those folks, who don't want none, have memories of not getting any!"

Since I have been dwelling on the present, I will quote another line from Jimmy Buffett's song:


"According to my watch the time is NOW,
The past is dead and gone.
Don't try to shake it just nod your head,
Breath in, Breath out, Move on.
Don't try to explain it just bow your head,
Breath in, Breath out, Move on.

No comments: