Friday, October 5, 2012

Dreaming up Songs

I am a gigantic dreamer. Literally!  Each night I am conscience of about 4 dreams. Most I forget, but occasionally I have a vivid one stuck in my head.  Last week I had one that stuck.

The dream:  I was watching a music video of a black gospel group (four guys).  The video was a collage of settings both outside and inside and they were singing a  fast paced song about the striving to get ahead in live but then thinking that the real goal is to be with God.  The name of the song was: "Never Mind, I'm Going home. "  the next morning I still remembered the tune and the chorus.  I remembered what the song was about, but the words failed me.  

I talked to my songwriting friend, Kendall Dean, about this, and he said, "If your dreaming them, then you are a song writer!"

I did attempt to write down what I remembered and here it is:  Think of it more of southern gospel and contemporary.

Never Mind I'm Going Home


I dreamed of fame and fortune and all the world could give
I thought of mansions full of gold as a great way to live
I started working night and day to get my rightful share
But when I thought what I'd have to give

Never mind I'm going home!

I'm going home to my Father
Going home to the Son of God
Going home with the Spirit
Praise GOD I'm going home


Not Grammy material but I did google the title and checked iTunes for the title but turned up nothing.

The dream however was cool.

No comments: