Friday, August 3, 2012

Savages

I was in the city Thursday Night so I went to a movie. I chose one that my wife would not like and saw "Savages".  It is a story about two best friends (one a botanist and the other an ex-Navy Seal) who are in business together and just happen to share a girl-friend (its California!).  Their business is WEED!
The movie is about a Mexican Drug Cartel that decides to take over their happy little business.
The Movie is rated "R" for violence (savage violence).  Thank goodness that much worst stuff was either implied or they showed the before and after but not the "during". Let's just say they liked chain saws!  The acting was great with John Travolta, Salma Hayek, Benico Del Toro and others. Oliver Stone directs so it was not going to be normal.  The movie even has two different endings!

It is "R" but they cursed less than "The Watch" and though the trailer implied much sex, that was implied also. What it had was violence. The "I can't watch this " type.

The story though was summer escapist, revenge.

I give it 2-3/4 stars, 2012 Movie # 27

No comments: