Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A man walks in to a church.......

Note To my fellow Church Members: This may violate my pledge to not talk about my church. I do not apologize for this.


One of the things I like the least happened tonight when politics came to church.  A Member of our church told a joke tonight:   He starts by asking: " Do you believe that a Democrat can be conservative?"
Many in the room said yes.  

"Do you believe that a Republican can be liberal?"  Again several said yes.
He says:  "Do you know that conservatives are said to be on the right?" yes  "And that liberals are said to be on the left?" yes  "Well let's read Ecclesiastes 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."  

He then laughed and said, "You decide where you are!"

I laughed till I cried.  Well, actually I just cried on the inside.

Then we had a class about the Sermon on the Mount. Matthew 5: 46  "If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

I may be the only one in that room that saw an inconsistency, but I could be wrong since I'm just a fool anyhow!



1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow. It's "jokes" like that which are chipping away at my desire to go to church.