Friday, July 20, 2012

Rotten Apple

I haven't been posting lately. My Macbook would not open!  I tried everything and then went to Tulsa to the "Genius Bar" at the Apple Store.  They could not repair it without (drum row please): ERASING THE HARD DRIVE!  I thought about what was on the machine and thanks to ICloud my ITunes were safe and nothing else warranted sending it off for a few weeks recovery. SO-O-O I sucked it up and let them do their thing.  Suddenly I have a NEW old Mac.  I have spent the last few hours reinstalling programs, ITunes, and favorite websites.  I lost all my documents such as Church class outlines and some reference materials.  I do have hard copies of that stuff,but there was security in knowing where my stuff was.                          

Ok, Here's the thing. I lost a lot of STUFF that I will never use again whether or not there's a storage place for it.  It represented hard work, but finished work. 

The bright side is that I have a cleaned up computer.

It was interesting that their were 5 people in there with Macbook problems and all (including me) were told that our battery needed replacement.  

That is probably true with everyone I know!

No comments: