Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dark Knight Rises as do spiders!

Despite everything going on, we decided to go see the new Batman, "Dark Knight Rises".  We went to a large Tulsa theater that was having sell out after sell out of this movie.  After the movie started something was crawling on my glasses and brushed my brow. I swatted it away and then felt it on my arm and slapped at it. At the same time Carol was doing the same! I killed whatever it was on my arm. But we set there in the dark imaging creepy crawlers everywhere. We are convinced that it was spiders.

But I digress:  I like Batman (not Tim Burton Batman) but the Christopher Nolan trilogy.  These movies are more like the Batman of my comic book youth. Batman has no super powers just super money.  He is Romney with a life! he has gadgets like James Bond and cool sidekicks like Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman.

This movie shows the rebirth of Batman, and Robin, and Cat Woman, etc.  It also has a super bad villain , Bane (not to be confused with Bain Capital). This Bane plays in the open!  It is well written, suspenseful and not the normal hero movie.  There is real acting here.

I remain irritated that Hollywood comes up with constantly new ways to destroy New York City, but what a moviegoer to do?

Usually, the third movie of a series is a dud. This is the best of the three.

Anne Hathaway adds a great character that is sassy and bold. So is the movie,

I give it ***1/2 stars.  First real good super hero movie in a while.

2012 Movie #25

No comments: