Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gas in the oil patch!


Out in the Oklahoma Panhandle I am literally IN "the old patch". All these oil wells and white oil company pick ups everywhere (Chevys, Fords and Rams). I feel like a true alien driving a Clean, black HONDA Ridgeline. I don't have any red dirt on my vehicle so everyone stares. I am driving a foreign truck so everyone stares.

I am not about to tell them that in Tulsa gas is $3.54, not $3.85 like here, because that would tip them that I use ethanol-laced gas. That would be like admitting that I am also a democrat.

Out here it is REAL GAS for REAL REPUBLICANS!

At dinner tonight in a Mazzio's, I was eating pizza and reading my USA Today and a guy approached me and asked where I came from!
He went ahead to say that the USA Today is not sold in this area. Yikes! I parked my truck behind the Hotel!


I think I can still slip through the lines and get back home, but I can't stay in one place too long!

1 comment:

Holly RM said...

Be careful out there! This made me giggle. :)