Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tower Heist, Critics and Elevators


When I first saw the previews for "Tower Heist", I thought: "Finally a Eddie Murphy comedy as I remember him." This movie has a great cast and a perfect bad guy jerk, Alan Alda. But here's the deal. The critics say it was a good idea and a good cast, but as the movie progresses it gets silly!
Ok, what part of a staff of condo workers stealing millions from a Bernie Madof type character during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with FBI everything doesn't seem silly!

I bought my ticket expecting silly. I got it. It was just what I needed on a Friday night. It is a fun movie.

In the movie there is a scene where they were trying to put a large object into the elevator and ended up placing it on top of the elevator cab. That part is real. Several years ago I helped an architect friend move a large building model to downtown Oklahoma City to the 15th floor of a corporate office. We ended up riding on top the the elevator cab and balancing the 10 foot tall model between us! It was an interesting experience!

Good SILLY popcorn movie! Eddie Murphy in "Beverly Hills Cop" character.

I give it **1/2 stars.

2011 Movie #51

No comments: