Friday, September 9, 2011

This movie is contagious! Contagion


I didn't think much of the previews for this movie because I normally don't like this kind of thing. I don't watch ER or CSI. I don't enjoy watching people cough, spit, convulse, or get cut on. Pray tell why did I go watch "Contagion"? It had all that! BUT the actors were a who's who including Matt Damon. AND it is getting great reviews! It was the best movie available tonight. (Excuse me: I sneezed).

One of my favorite books is Stephen Kings "The Stand" about a virus that spreads through the world and wipes most people out. The recent "Planet of the Apes" also implies the same thing.

Contagion is fast moving and takes place in three locations primarily, but the beginning shows very effectively how you and I pass our germs. (I started coughing during the movie.)

It is NOT a great popcorn movie, but it is well done. For you guys who like who like the History Channel or How Things happen, you will be elated.

As for me, I was starting to get symptoms by the end, and didn't want to touch anyone. You will get involved with this story. It tracks the virus around the world from Day 2 to Day 150+, but at the end shows you Day 1 (how it started).

I give it **3/4 stars. 2011 Movie #44.

My rule of thumb: If Matt Damon is willing to act in it, I am willing to watch.

Great line in movie: "He's a Blogger. Blogging is not writing it's Graffiti with punctuation ."

No comments: