Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let it Go 2


The title of this has a 2, because in my advanced age, I can't remember if I have blogged about this or not. BUT here goes,

Today, I visited my old office for the last time. I have been showing up at that address on the last 12 years, but today I visited an empty office. Yes, I did shed a tear for I am an emotional person, but later in the day I mowed the yard zoning out on my IPOD. I put on Zac Brown Band's latest CD and got more than I bargained for.

The first track is a song that focused on where I am in my journey on the less traveled road.
While I have a tendency to think about "what if" or "remember when" or "if only I had done.....", the song had this chorus:

You keep your heart above your head and you eyes wide open
So this world can't find a way to leave you cold
And know you're not the only ship out on the ocean
Save your strength for things that you can change
Forgive the ones you can"t
You gotta let'em go!

Let it go.

The main verse says:

Looking back now on my life I can't say I regret it
And all the places that I ended up not the way Ma would a had it
But you have only one chance at life to leave your mark upon it
And when a pony it comes riding by
You better put your sweet ass on it!

A little blunt, but I need blunt about now.

Thanks ZAC .

By the way the title of the CD is a message in its self!


1 comment:

Holly RM said...

Praying great things are in store for you as you take another turn on this "road less travelled."