Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another Fork in the Road 2: The Move


Life has taken me to another fork in the road. I have been self-employed for almost 18 years, owning an Architectural firm. The firm (Spaces, Design & Architecture Inc.) officially ends its run today. But First Things First: The move.

My old firm had two offices, one in Muskogee and one in Tulsa. Last Friday we moved the Old Tulsa office stuff into the NEW Muskogee Office. Then we moved some of the Old Muskogee stuff into the NEW Muskogee office. Friday we will move some of the other Old Muskogee stuff into the New Muskogee Office and the rest to a warehouse (that is being loaned to me buy a close friend). The problem is that in the move from Tulsa to the New office, some stuff got moved that needs to go to the warehouse. SO I am moving stuff from the NEW office to the old office so that the movers can move it to the warehouse. I also have stuff stored in the basement of the old Muskogee office that it need to move back into the old office so it too can go to the warehouse. Same goes for some stuff in my garage at home. It will go to the office so it can go to the warehouse.

Next month, whatever is in the warehouse will probably go to Oklahoma City. With any luck SOMEONE else will move it.

Oh yes, My old firm has been acquired by another firm. I am now an employee. I am moved by the experience!


No comments: