Tuesday, January 25, 2011

King Saul, David and me

I have been reading I Samuel in the Old Testament. It is the story of the Prophet Samuel, Saul the first King of Israel and the second King, David. I am drawn to David because if he is a man "after God's own heart" as the Bible says and with all his screw-ups, maybe there is hope for me.

Funny thing though is that as I am reading about Saul and his bad judgement and bubbling, scared, and crazy ways, I suddenly realized that I am really most like Saul.

My ambition is to be like David and his close walk with GOD, but I find myself hiding in the store room like Saul. When Samuel went to make Saul king:

"Finally Saul son of Kish was taken. But when they looked for him, he was not to be found. So they inquired of the LORD, "Has the man come here yet?" And the LORD said, "Yes, he has hidden himself among the supplies."

No comments: