Monday, July 21, 2008

Eagles tickets

The Eagles concert tickets for the new Tulsa BOK Center went on sale today at 10 am. I was told that all tickets were gone by Noon. I could not get on the the internet or stand in line because I had a "Human Resources" situation at work. Not to worry though, I bought 16 tickets on line Sunday! I could have bought many more. I had seen on line three weeks ago that there would be an American Express cardholder pre-sale from last Thursday thru Sunday. I tried every possible combination on the web to find out how to order. I worked Thursday and Friday to no avail. I tried a few things on Saturday and gave up. I even drove to the Homeland store to verify that they were selling tickets on Monday morning. The ladies grinned and said, "We start selling at 10 am, but we don't know when the line will form." In the Sunday Tulsa World newspaper they listed two web addresses to buy tickets on Monday. I went to both and navigated thru every possible door and found the "pre-sale". I was too late for the 5 star and 4 star pre-sale but an age-old question was answered. How much do the people pay that set in the first 30 rows (paid not free!) Here is the answer for the Eagles:

Last Thursday with your American Express card you could get a ticket in the first 10 rows that included: A souvenir laminated ticket, a gift bag, a pre-show party including dinner and drinks (No Eagles), a hassle free entrance to the building, a crowd free chance to buy Eagles' stuff, a discount coupon for online shopping, and "where possible"- free parking. By the way, the actual seat location would be assigned the day of the show. All this plus the chance "to stand the whole show!" for $750.00 each. Now if you are a lesser person, you can get the four star ticket that includes: a ticket in the first 30 rows, an Eagles gift (undefined), a discount coupon and yes, your seat will be assigned the day of the show. This is for the economical price of $400.00.

Instead I found where I could buy $50 tickets (that after add-ons) were $62 each. I bought six for my family. Then I bought 4 more for a friend. And then for kicks bought 6 more for business purposes. NO I DO NOT HAVE EXTRA TICKETS! I have 16 tickets in the upper deck (including souvenir laminated tickets) for less than 2 five star tickets. The life of a concert guy.

No comments: