Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mike goes to the Movies: The Fifth Grade!

I went to two movies this weekend and the TV show, "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" comes to mind.

When I was in the fifth grade, I loved comic books because they stirred my imagination. I was a follower of Superman, Green Lantern , the Black Hawks, and Sargent Rock. Batman, and Flash was just okay. The Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Hulk, Transformers & Iron Man had not yet been invented. Last summer I loved the Transformers for the same reason that I read comics. I freed my mind and had fun. The mixture of action, special effects and humor mad for a pleasant 2 hours in the dark with popcorn & Milk Duds. This week's "Iron Man" did the same. It was fun, it had an adult edge with action hero excitement. The humor reminded me of the first Pirates of the Caribbean. It is a good, entertaining movie, say ***1/2.

The second movie also reminded me of the fifth grade. "Baby Mamma" was probably a laugh riot for fifth graders! Maybe sophisticated fifth graders (Read on 7th grade level). It was two hours I won't get back, but the popcorn was good! Every funny scene was in the trailer. If you want to deal with this subject as comedy rent or buy Juno! No & 1/2 stars

No comments: