Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Welcome to Marwen



"Welcome to Marwen" is my first movie of 2019.  Rotten Tomatoes and other ratings do not give this much of  chance. As a creative, I totally get it.  This is a true story of an illustrator who gets almost beaten to death by five punks.  He looses all personal memories of his life before and has to reconstruct everything. He can no longer draw so he turns to photography to capture his new world.
Steve Carell was great.

His imaginary world allows him to live in a time and place that he can control.  I won't go any further about the story but I will tell you this. It made sense to me.

When I was younger I loved to draw and create my own fantasy worlds that could not be explained to anyone. I know I tried a couple of times.  I heard from people we know that this movie was horrible. That tells me they were never creative.

This movie may not work for some but I get it.

2019 Movie #1  I give it ****stars.


No comments: