Tuesday, January 5, 2016

spider solitaire stupidity

My office computer had been bugging me to update from Windows 8 to Windows 10. So I did.

Somewhere during the install, I must have hit the wrong prompt (so the I.T. guy says). Windows 10 installed but if I looked away from the computer, I would have to type in my password again,  I tried everything to delete password requirements to no avail.  I did like most of W10 but it did not work good with my network.

However, it had apps.  Spider Solitaire

When I had gotten fed up with W10, I reinstalled Windows 8 and everything was good again. 

In a moment of weakness, I decided to the download spider solitaire to my PC. I found one that said Microsoft and begin installing. Instantly  I realized that I was in trouble.  It was full of malware and viruses. It even put in another version of windows 8. I shut it down and went to I.T.

5 days and over $100.00 later I am semi back to normal. I have much to reinstall but spider solitaire will be one of the items.

No comments: